Gum Disease Treatment with Arestin
Periodontal disease can be a serious infection under your gum line. If indicated, ARESTIN® (minocycline hydrochloride), an antibiotic, can be applied to areas of gum disease to help treat the infection.
- It’s placed directly in the infected area right after scaling.
- Arestin is effective in treating pockets between 4-6 mm that continue to bleed with flossing or probing.
- Arestin starts working quickly, right at the source of infection, and keeps fighting bacteria long after you leave the dental office. 1,2
- Arestin fights infection and inflammation for 30 days,2 and provides significantly better results than scaling and root planing alone for up to 90 days.3
Call us with any questions or to make an appointment.(585) 381-2600
1. Oringer RJ, Al-Shammari KF, Aldredge WA, et al. Effect of locally administered minocycline microspheres on markers of bone resorption. J Periodontol 2002;73:835-842.
2. Goodson JM, Gunsollwy JC, Grossi SG, et al. Minocycline HCl microspheres reduce red-complex bacteria in periodontal disease therapy. J Periodontol 2007;78(8):1568-1579.
3. Williams RC, Paquette DW, Offenbacher S, et al. Treatment of periodontitis by local administration of minocycline microspheres: a controlled trial. J Periodontol 2001;72:1535-1544.