Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Safety is our top priority.
Please take a moment to answer the following COVID-19 pre-appointment screening questions and review information for your upcoming appointment:
COVID- 19 PRE-APPOINTMENT SCREENING:
- Have you been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed or under investigation for COVID-19 in the last two weeks?
- If you have a thermometer available, is your Temperature 100.0 F or higher?
- Have you had a cough, shortness of breath or cold/flu like symptoms in the past two weeks?
- Have you experienced recent loss of taste or smell?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the last two weeks?
- Have you been out of state in the last two weeks?
*If you have answered YES to any of these questions, it may be necessary to defer treatment, please call our office.
INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Please wear a cloth face mask.
- Please bring your own eye protection (sunglasses or safety glasses).
- When you arrive, please call from the parking lot to check-in.
- We will be taking your temperature with a touchless thermometer prior to entering our office.
- Dress warmly, our office is chilly!
- Please brush your teeth at home prior to your appointment.
- We are limiting guests in the office. For special needs patients and children under 12 years old, we are allowing 1 parent or guardian to accompany them into the appointment.
- New patient paperwork is available under “Patient Registration” on the “Patient Information” tab on our website.
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: